Well, let's see what all has happened...
My husband came home from work Friday evening only to be herded into the van so he and the kids could go backyard camping with our small group from church. I had them all packed up with their gear, plenty of marshmallows for roasting, some hot cocoa, and roasted potatoes. I was heading off to my girls' night out. Seven of us girls met up for a little painting soiree at a local paint and party studio. It ended up being just our little group so we got the instructor to change the painting from a vase of flowers to Van Gogh's Starry Night...yeah, not so sure that that was the best idea. But we all had a fun time and would definitely do it again. Then, I joined the campout later that evening. It was a COLD night! I got to snuggle with both the kids on the little inflatable bed they used. The kids had a great time apparently. They ran around the wooded backyard, tried cooking hot dogs over an open fire, and jumped numerous time into piles of leaves. They had just gotten into their tents a few minutes before I got there and that was nearly 11pm! We had a lovely breakfast the next morning and are so blessed to have such a wonderful group of families in our small group. Here's a shoutout to the heavenly H and lovely L families.
We tried to keep Saturday a bit less hectic. But my sweet honey did get 2 pumpkins carved, my oil changed, and watched the Dawgs get defeated by those mean little Gators. E-Pie got to design one of the pumpkins using the little felt pumpkin that I had made her. I got the idea from this website, Camp Slop.
| E-Pie is very proud of her creation :D |
Then, there's Halloween day...
We started the morning praising our wonderful Lord. I was excited that my three cousins decided to come along. We attended our church's annual Trunk-or-Treat this afternoon. The whole family was in our get-up. I got the ideas and tutorials for Tinkerbell and Peter Pan from Ashley at Make It and Love it. I just winged it on the Captain Hook and Wendy costume. I am quite happy with the way the costumes turned out and am so blessed to have a husband that is willing to wear a nightgown so that we can dress up to fit a theme. He said he'd rather wear a nightgown than purple tights. He is such a good sport! We had a really great time at the event.
| Please ignore Tinkerbell's finger ;) |
We headed back home so we could get some pizzas for our friends that were coming over to our neighborhood to go trick-or-treating. It was so great to see all our friends, some we hadn't seen in awhile. The kids had a great time running around our "front yard" while we mingled.
| flying fairies |
| my cousins |
We already have plans for next year's Halloween :D
~ H
No comments:
Post a Comment