Wednesday, October 27, 2010

apple fun

I've always wanted to go apple picking, and I can finally say that I did. Last week, my honey took the day off so we could spend as a family. As he should since he volunteered to work on my birthday weekend. Joking aside, I am thankful that I have such a hard-working and dedicated husband. We got off to a later start than I had wanted to and was feeling a little frustrated at everyone for moving so slowly. Then, I gave off a scream in the bathroom (at my husband) and immediately felt better. My stress just melted away and I started to enjoy the day. I've done that once before when I got really stressed working at Olive Garden one night in college. I just walked into the walk-in fridge and let out a loud one and felt better. It's very cathartic. You should try it sometimes, but preferably not at someone. The counting does nothing for me. Talking to God works, too. I find that as I talk to him, whatever I am frustrated or stressed out about just doesn't seem that big a deal anymore. Anyhow, I digress.

So we head up to the rolling hills of North Georgia. The changing colors of Fall is always breathtaking. We ended up on Apple Orchard Row...several apple picking places to choose from. We skipped the first one because we wanted to avoid all the other fru-fru activities that were available- just wanted the apple picking part. The next one was perfect. The only 2 apples that they had were Arkansas Black and Romes so we stuck mainly with the Romes. Got some great shots of the kids at the orchard. They had a great time picking a few apples and running around. Besides filling a bag with 20 pounds worth of apples, we bought a few other apple related necessities like fried apple pie and apple fritter, honey, apple butter (didn't know it wasn't made of butter), and fresh apple cider.










C-Bear enjoying his freedom


my little monkeys




do you see the floating apples?

apple picking really does require a lot of thinking and seriousness ;)



I just like this shot



enjoying the fruit of his find

woohoo! finally went apple picking!

Daddy being silly

The apple of my eye


hand in hand...aren't they just darling?

rolling hills

love you, too!

Going home in warp speed...ever tried it?

On the way back home, we stopped in Awesomeville Dawsonville to check out their Hall of Driving Fame. C-Bear really liked that. He's a bit of a car fanatic like his Daddy.





We took a scenic (longer) drive home to avoid traffic hour and were plum pooped out but I can't wait to do it again next year. Now, it's time to do something with all them apples ;)
Applesauce, applesauce cookies, fried apple fritters, apple pie, apple mufins, and how about some apple pie pops? Directions courtesy of Bakerella. I did use some extra pie dough to put our initials on top but there are no pictures of those, because they couldn't wait long enough to get their pictures taken ;)

for my honey and me :)
~ H

No comments:

Post a Comment