In Sunday school class this weekend, Mr. G, our class mentor was talking to us about God-sized tasks that God wants us to take on in our lives, tasks or roles that we look at as impossible and improbable. But when we choose to take on those tasks or roles, we are not doing it on our own. We have God to help us along the way. We just need to have faith in Him and His plans for us, and we will be blessed on our endeavors as long as we continue to look to Him for guidance and wisdom. As I sat there listening, I was trying to think of what in my life had seemed impossible or improbable. My thoughts turned to my decision to homeschool. If you had talked to me 5 years ago when I was still teaching, I would have replied with a very emphatic, "NO WAY!" If you had asked me 2 years ago, I would have replied, "I would maybe like to, but I definitely don't have the patience for it. I am not a patient person at all...kinda like a Chinese redhead." But today, I will answer you, "It is the best way for my family at least for a few years." I really believe that God has put in my heart the desire to homeschool. He will be there for us as we go along to help give me wisdom and patience. I just think that is amazing and am in awe of the way He works in our lives. Mr. G, did I get the main point of our class lesson? ;)
 |
| This is what they choose to do when I am doing my chores. |
 |
| I want to be there for their love of learning...all the way. :D |
~ H
I'm going to have to stop reading this blog until someone changes the background image... My eyes can't take it anymore.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome Hong! Sorry that I missed Geoff's lesson. I am so proud of you for taking on the responsibility of homeschooling. I know that God will bless your endeavor!
ReplyDelete