Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Resting in each other's love

This weekend, I had the privilege of spending some time with 10 other amazing women from my Church's Sunday school class. We rented a cabin in the Blue Ridge Mountain. While most everyone arrived Friday night, P and I got there Saturday morning just in time to join them for devotional even with all the little "short cuts" that we took. Momma C, our wonderful mentor and a very godly woman, spent this time to share her experiences, wisdom, and love for the Lord with us. Momma C had us go out onto the deck so that we could bask in the beauty created by our wonderful God. In the brisk morning air, we sang songs of praise for our Lord to the nature around us and to the campers across the river. We spent the afternoon pampering ourselves at a nearby day spa with manicures, pedicures, or massages. We headed straight out to dinner at Serenity Cafe in the downtown area. Although, the food and service left much to be desired, the time we spent together laughing and conversing made up for it. Later that evening, we continued with more deep discussions about the 7 scriptures that pertain to women and lies that women believe before wrapping up with 2 wonderful Max Lucado stories that Momma C read to us.










The scriptures, advice, stories, and experiences shared has definitely helped me to grow as a person, mom, wife, and friend. I learned so much from this brief time together with these wonderful ladies. When God created Adam, he still felt that something was missing...that it was not good that man was alone...he needed a helper and companion. That is what we, as woman, are in our relationship with our husband. We don't need to do it all, and it doesn't all have to be done our way for it to be the "right" way. I need to love my husband as much as I love myself because just as Eve was created from a rib of Adam's, wives are a part of their husbands just as much as husbands are a part of their wives. This way of thinking should really help me to avoid being selfish which is a very easy mindset to fall into. Always tallying up all the things that I've accomplished and compare it with what he's done or making excuses for not fulfilling my role as mom and wife based on what I think I deserve because of what I've done. This world is not perfect and we will never have things just perfect. This is just our temporary home, and we need to take comfort and find joy and faith in His words and His love for us. God loves us each and every one. He desires an intimate relationship with each one of us. As our relationship with Him deepens as will our relationships with our husband and children prosper.

I just want to thank Awesome A and Momma C for how much you love us, for working so hard to put this together so that we had such a memorable time together, and for being such godly women and great role models for us. I want to tell the women that I had the honor of spending the precious time with this past weekend, I love you all and thank you for being such an important part of my life and spiritual journey! I can't wait for our next retreat :D


~ H

No comments:

Post a Comment