Sunday, November 28, 2010

Giving Thanks

There is just so many blessings that I want to give thanks for this holiday season. God has blessed me with a wonderful family, immediate and extended, and so many friends that love and support me. I am thankful for my health and the health of my family. I am thankful that my husband has a good job so that I have the opportunity to be at home with my children. I am thankful for the gifts that I can share with others. I am thankful for all the comforts that He provides me with everyday; clean water, food, warm bed, indoor plumbing, a car, the ability to connect with friends and family through technology and the list can go on. I am most thankful for His love and His sacrifice.

We had a great day of celebrating Thanksgiving this past week. This will be my 3rd year hosting Thanksgiving, I think. After not having much time to recupe after the trip, I went straight in to prepping for the feast. I spent most all Wednesday preparing the food and was up early to start putting things in the oven Thursday morning. I am also thankful that my children were mostly cooperative while I was dashing around like a madwoman trying to get things done. OK, I wasn't that mad ;) The food turned out good. Some of us went outside for the traditional game of flag football, some played Mahjong, some played Rummikub, some played other card games, some took naps, some checked out Black Friday sales in the paper, and some just sat around and chat. All in all a great day spending time with family.

I hope that you had  a wonderful Thanksgiving as well!
~ H













No comments:

Post a Comment