Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Weekend in Cali!

I just returned from a long weekend girls' trip with "S" to visit my very pregnant girlfriend "I" in Santa Cruz, California with visits to nearby cities. This post will be a photo-documentary of our trip.

Our first stop in SF- Vietnamese sandwiches!

picnic lunch with a foggy view of the Golden Gate bridge

Now you see it...

Now you don't.

resting pelican...he was very watchful of me, though

plant growing from center of the log

can you spy the starfish?

San Francisco Botanical Garden


The first of our tree climbing ;)

pretty 

Dutch Windwill at Golden Gate Park



Pebble Beach- on our way to Santa Cruz from San Fran

cool looking rocks

yummy coffee and donut for breakfast

Attempt #3- Someone finally got their Blueberry crumb cake from Whole Foods

Monterey Bay


Looking for sea otters...no luck



in Candyland


cool looking mural 








Dametra- yummy Greek restaurant in Carmel

very yummy calamari at Dametra- the best!

Carmel Mission Basilica
we didn't go inside but it looked very cool from the outside

Walton Lighthouse in Santa Cruz- across from the restaurant Crow's Nest


my first fancy latte and probably my last...realized I like just regular coffee


We took a nice stroll in this park

amazing redwoods

can you find a four-leaf clover...i haven't yet



having fun between the redwoods

acting silly inside the remains of a redwood

cool trash bin






very yummy pizza

pizza joint

covered bridge in Felton


Ice Cream shop in downtown Santa Cruz


driving around the coast of Santa Cruz

yummy tri-tip roast at the best restaurant EVER..."I's" place ;)

"I"- glowing, isn't she?

me and "S"


tea salad at Burma Superstar

rainbow salad at Burma Superstar

mixing it up


much acclaimed Burma Superstar- Thanks for the recommendation JC!

Alamo Square- location of the opening credits for Full House



in front of "Postcard Row"

The Painted Ladies


garden "pots" in front of the park's public restroom



This is the last tree that I climbed

at the bottom of the Coit Tower




at the base of Coit Tower






Oakland Bridge



The World's Curviest Street in San Fran...I think it this was Lombard Street


in Chinatown looking for good hot and sour soup

Found some at Hunan Home's Restaurant

Appetizer Combo..not that great

This place didn't seem like much when we were there but later that evening, the line was out the door. We think it was a tourist stop.

Chinatown in the afternoon


Wall art

Chinese Street Musician...makes me think of my grandfather...even though he doesn't play an instrument.



The gates to San Fran's Chinatown


Cable car leaving

Chinatown at night

China  Girl


Fresh baked sourdough at Boudin's



Teddy Bear bread!!!


moving bread basket

Clam Chowder in bread bowl


yes...eating the bowl

I LOVE the taffy! Although it's not from California...from Salt Lake City, Utah

Our last night out

We got upgraded in our room at the Raddisson because the bathroom wasn't working well...this was the upgrade...a shoe shiner

my last breakfast in California

"I's''" breakfast

"S's" breakfast

Breakfast at Cable Car Cafe

departing hugs


Goodbye California


WOW! What a fun 5 day trip. Jet lag hasn't been horrible. It was so good to get to visit "I", see some great sights, and eat some yummy food. I missed my family tremendously, though. I hope that we will get to go visit this great state together as a family one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment