Welcome to our homeschool classroom! I just wanted to take a moment to show you around...
I feel very blessed that my sweet Hubby sacrificed this room which was once his office and our guest bedroom so that we could have our own special space to do schooling. He is now in a MUCH smaller space. It could be classified as a cave...a man-cave. I know we didn't absolutely need it in order to learn, but it does help my OCD nature to have one ;) It still serves as a guest bedroom, though. This was an unfinished basement room that my talented Hubby and In-Laws renovated.
 |
| Our own classroom |
 |
| Kids' work wall and word wall, still growing ABC tree, and their very own computer station! |
We would like to purchase an American flag for our home and a small one for our classroom but until we do, this is what the kids see when we do the Pledge of Allegiance. It's an image on my laptop. :O
 |
| Our daily calendar time |
I couldn't find the calendar pieces from my teaching days so I just created some. E-Pie writes in our date each time. C-Bear looks out the window to check our weather. We sing the days of the week song to the tune of Addams Family and the Months of the Year song to some tune I am not sure of. I borrowed these two parts from Erica over at
Confessions of a Homeschooler.
 |
| Our Bible Board |
On our Bible board, we have a short scripture each week to memorize and we review past ones. I get the Awana Bible verse printables fromJolanthe over at
Homeschool Creations. During the week, I will randomly ask them to recite it. If they do, they get a small piece of candy. I plan on having them use the scripture as copywork in the near future. It's also a place to put up what we did in Sunday School Class.
 |
| My daily planner..."keeps me sane" binder ;) |
 |
| This is what a week looks like...no, didn't fill it all out yet...not that on the ball yet ;) |
After MUCH deliberation, I finally decided that this would be the best planning set-up for 2 kids for me...right now. I got the form from
Donna Young's website...she's got A LOT of free forms, planners, and great advice.
 |
| working on cutting...doing pretty well I might add |
 |
| working side-by-side...love it! |
 |
| So proud of his accomplishment! |
I got the cool activity from
Homeschool Share. They have a lot of great resources to use for unit planning and Five in a Row series.
 |
| Great work! |
|
|
|
|
I hope you enjoyed the tour!
I just had interviews with both of them today during lunch. I will post their interview soon. :D
~H
No comments:
Post a Comment