Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Get ready, set....SCHOOL!

We are in the process of starting another wonderful year of homeschooling...although, I don't think we have technically stopped from last year. This year has been a stop and go kind of year with all the moving and excitement. We will definitely need to work on staying on more of a schedule...which is what I have been working on. I think I have a pretty good plan for this year, but my problem is always with the execution of the plan not so much with the creation of a plan. I will need to pray daily for God's help with staying focused and on task.

I am really excited about this year. C-Bear will continue with preschool and E-Pie will begin "first grade". We are also starting Classical Conversations this year. I am super excited about the premise of Classical Education and about learning and exercising my own mind alongside my children.

My curriculum for the kids this year (in case you were interested...)
E-Pie who will be 6:
Language Arts- Explode the Code 2, Handwriting without Tears First grade, First Language Lessons, and Sequential Spelling.
Math- Alternating between RightStart Math Level B and Math-U-See Alpha
Reading- All About Reading, BOB books, and other Easy Readers

C-Bear who is 4:

Language Arts- Explode the Code A,B,and C, Handwriting without Tears kindergarten, and Letter of the Week activities (I have gotten these all over the web and can be found on my Homeschool Resource page)
Math- Math-U-See Primer
Reading- BOB books and You Can Read lessons

Together, we will do Memory Work from our Classical Conversation classes, some Calendar time, basic life skills, learn how to be a responsible member of the family, Chinese with Rosetta Stone and classes, Science with Apologia's Exploring Creation Zoology 1, and enjoy read-alouds as a family. E-Pie will continue her piano lessons and ballet. C-Bear will try a soccer class.

Whew! That seems like a lot. Here's to plans working out ;)


We will celebrate Back to School with a fun pool party this week with some other homeschooling families...our wonderful friends who also attend church with us, in our small group, and part of the same CC (classical conversation) community.

In the meantime, I will continue planning so that we can begin school on August 20th...that is the date for now. I will also be busy planning a little shindig for my quickly growing daughter this next week. I told Hubby I wanted to keep things simple and just invite some friends over, but my mouth cannot tell my mind to keep it simple...there's always got to be a THEME! This year, it will be rainbows :D  I am all over Pinterest for great ideas and there are so many out there! I will post pictures after the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment