Monday, July 9, 2012

I have some good excuses...Really, I do.

Wow! It's been almost 4 months since my last post. I really do have some good excuses as to why I have been incognito....





1. We MOVED!- It all happened really fast, but we really felt like God was in control of the whole situation. One day we were just thinking about looking at houses, went out a few times, found the one we wanted, and BOOM! And then you know about all that goes along with moving...the packing up all your things (it was like our house exploded with our things because I was so good at hiding them), the paperwork, the closing, the going back and forth between the houses, the cleaning of both homes, the unpacking, and the long list of things to do to make your house feel like a home sprinkled with a few surprises that come along with owning a foreclosure. Some walls are still half-painted and boxes still need to be unpacked, but we are comfortably settled in now, and we really are enjoying our new space.

2. It was NO MEDIA month during the month of June. I felt like I did an OK job. I went off the grid on Facebook. I didn't read blogs or pinterest so therefore, no updating on my own blog. I had to stop checking into Craigslist...my latest addiction. There was limited texting and IMing.  I checked my mail regularly but only responded if it was necessary. We didn't watch any movies or television which was fine since there really was way too much to do when you move into a new home. I actually enjoyed this month of not having to know what was going on in everybody's lives for a little while. I spent more time reading...started one too many books. 

Even in the midst of all this, we still managed to do some traveling and spend some good ole time together as a family. So, I am hoping to be back into the swing of things now a little more...hopefully.
Here are some pictures from the previous months...

Little ballerina

At her final recital with her favorite fans


Just love their affection for one another.

Happy Birthday C-Bear!

Celebrating with Legoland

Gotta blow them all out!

On top of the world at Stone Mountain

Visiting family in NC



Fun times with Cousins!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment