WOW! November really came and went, but this month was filled with a focus on much to be thankful for. I ran my first 5K this month with much encouragement and support from my dear friend, S. We trained for about a month running about 3 times a week but I never reached my goal during practices. I did not enjoy the actual running part of it all but I did enjoy being outside regardless of the weather. I am also grateful for a healthy body that made it possible for me to run, that I could push my body to do something it had never done before. I have continued to keep up with a 2-3 times per week of exercise but now that the weather has gotten colder, S and I will probably stick to some indoor exercises...like STEP!
 |
| before the race |
 |
| still standing after the race |
My sweet hubby and I celebrated our 9 years of marital bliss by making pottery together. Our anniversary was actually on Thanksgiving this year but since we were hosting Thanksgiving, we had to celebrate a week earlier.We have been following the traditional gifts from the very beginning and this year was the "pottery" year. But I did not want to just go and paint premade pottery. I found a place in Alpharetta through my homeschool connections that actually had a potter's wheel that you work at just like in the movie Ghost. So Handsome and I made an evening of it. We are still waiting on getting it back from the shop so I will post pictures of the finished product, though I could tell you right now that Hubby's pottery looks amazing. We ended the evening at a nearby steak place with a very romantic ambiance. WOW! I cannot believe it's been 9 wonderful years. I truly am thankful that God created someone just perfect for me.
 |
| Mine looked nice here but it progressively got worse... |
 |
| Hubby's didn't look too nice on first throw but his second and third ones turned out very nicely. |
UPDATED 12.08.11
 |
| This is mine. I like it :) |
 |
| This is hubby's. I like his, too! |
 |
| My Thanksgiving/Anniversary Bouquet |
So for Thanksgiving, we had 30 people in our humble home. I am thankful that God has blessed our family with great relatives that we can share the holidays with and actually have a terrific time together. I am thankful for the abundance of food that we stuffed our faces with. Even with 30 people in our house, I never felt it got too crowded. We spend a lot of time outside playing a friendly game of flag football. Hubby says that it is our tradition and everyone must play. Well, I ended up being the only girl out on the field besides E-pie, and not everyone played but we had enough for 2 teams. I was very surprised when two of my uncles agreed to play. We all had a great time but really felt the pain for the next few days.
 |
| what a cute turkey... |
 |
| some of the dessert |
 |
| one third of the spread |
 |
| our little kicker |
 |
| The winning Red team |
 |
| The flag football players |
 |
| The Yellow team |
 |
| My silly cousins |
 |
| Our second turkey |
 |
| My sister-in-law and her family |
 |
| My 86 year old grandfather playing outside :D |
FAMILY- I am so thankful for all of them!
I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving spent with ones you love. Christmas is fast approaching and I have so many exciting things going on. I'm glad that I got this post out before the next month...
~ H
No comments:
Post a Comment