Happy New Year to all our friends and family! We hope that 2010 ended joyfully and that 2011 rolled in sweetly for you all. We've been busy but it hasn't been stressful. We started this New Year's off by spending time with Hubby's parents' at their lake-home. So basically, I've started off this year not having to cook or clean but taking it easy and enjoying my family. Granny and I took the kids to watch the movie Tangled on New Year's day before bedtime. E-pie had a grin from ear to ear the entire time, even when she had her jacket over her head to protect her from the suspenseful parts and C-bear enjoyed eating popcorn while sitting on my lap stating to me a few times "Me eat all the popcorn". He sat still and watched the entire movie although at the end he told us he didn't really like it. E-pie told us it was her favorite movie besides Peter Pan. I actually really liked the movie and will purchase it when it's released so that Daddy can see it, too.
 |
| Having fun at Granny and Pop's |
 |
| Poparuski grill-master |
 |
| Stripey...new porch pet |
 |
| Enjoying the sunshine on the new front deck |
 |
| having fun with umbrellas...and no one got their eye poked out :D |
We also got to celebrate my grandfather turning 85 years old! He is still pretty active. He could probably beat you at a ping pong game.
 |
| Grandfather with grandkids and great-grandkids |
 |
| Grandfather with his own kids and their spouses.. my parents and aunts and uncles |
 |
| Why so serious? |
 |
| I love this picture with my Mom...Hubby forced her to smile ;) |
So going backwards...we spent New Year's Eve morning ice skating with the kids for the first time. I had purchased these groupon deals for the Marietta Ice Center awhile back so we finally got to use them. I was a little worried that the kids, especially C-bear, would not want to step foot on the ice. The rental skates were really uncomfortable, but to my surprise, the kids were willing to go out there and
hold on for dear life give it a try. Daddy was a little better with his patience quota than Mommy was. We both took turns with each kid. E-pie eventually could scoot along a bit while holding one hand. She told me she wanted lessons. We'll see. There is a closer place to our home so we might give that a place a try to in the near future and see what the kids think about ice skating the second time around. I think Hubby has some dream that one of our kids will play ice hockey. This got me thinking that we could start a tradition of trying something new for our New Year's tradition. We wrapped up the afternoon with some BBQ and
getting lost driving around the Alpharetta, Roswell, Milton area.
 |
| checking out their surroundings |
 |
| C-bear before Daddy checks him into the wall |
I wanted to start the New Year's off with our house cleared of our Christmas decorations so that's what I planned for the evening. However, the kids and Hubby had better plans- play with the new Legos. I didn't argue and I guess it was wishful thinking on my part. I'm pretty OCD about how everything gets put away anyways but thought I would try to include the family. It was a nice sound in the house...quiet...as I was taking things down and putting them nicely away, they were quietly tinkering, building, and playing. Now all the boxes are in the attic, the tree is in the driveway for recycling, and the house has some available space again :)
We took it easy for Christmas, too. Normally, we host but this year since we hosted Thanksgiving, Hubby requested that we take this holiday off. I agreed since my Mom wanted to host at her new home. No traditional holiday meal but good ole hot pot...yum! If you've never experienced hot pot, it is a must try. We had our house all decorated even the outside this year with wreaths. We were going to do lights outside but never had the time...next year. Christmas Eve we went to our church for their special candlelight service. That night, we all opened one gift under the tree. After getting the kids to bed, Hubby was saddened when he realized that kids had forgotten to set out cookies for Santa. So he set them out so that the kids would find the remains the following morning along with a letter from Santa. While the children slept, the stockings were filled and Santa left the kids some really cool presents beside the fireplace. Granny and Pop visited us on Christmas morning and demanded that I did not cook because she knew that I would spend hours getting everything ready and not be able to enjoy the kids opening their presents. So they brought down lunch. I could get used to this.










 |
| excited about their new ride |
We spent the day leisurely opening presents and playing with new toys. We got to have Skype with family in Maine. We took naps. We went to dinner at my parents and spent it with my enormous family. The kids got a really nice F150 truck from my parents that they are a little nervous about driving/riding in. E-pie is actually pretty good at maneuvering around in it but is frightened by it's movements. And it SNOWED...on Christmas day!!! How cool is that? The kids got to play in it the next morning.
 |
| I like the wreaths but I think our gas bill will be a bit higher this month |
 |
| snowman made by nieghbor |
 |
| snow angel made by my angel |
 |
| snow tractor made by neighbors |
 |
| surprise attack |
 |
| got hit herself |
Other holiday fun pictures...
 |
| making gingerbread cookies with Daddy |
 |
| Cheese! |
 |
| my little ballerina |
 |
| ready for the show |
 |
| E-pie dancing her winter recital...she did AWESOME! |
 |
| Snow machine didn't work at the recital so God made real ones ;) |
 |
| Ten Commandment train ride at the park |
 |
| decorating Rice Krispie Treat houses |
 |
| E-pie really wants to eat hers |
 |
| Proudly wearing their Mutt and Company shirts from the Mainers :D |
 |
| Can't believe E-pie is 4 years old |
 |
| This was her at 5 months old. |
 |
| Watching the videos from PNP.com where Santa talks to the kids...very cool! |
 |
| E-pie is astounded that Santa knows so much about her. |
WOW! What a wonderful way to wrap up one blessed year to begin another exciting year of growing spiritually, physically, and mentally. Here is to wishing you and your family a great one in 2011!
~ H
No comments:
Post a Comment