Tuesday, February 15, 2011

We love because He first loved us.

‎We love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19
(Thanks to my sweet sister-in-law for the idea for the title of this post.)


It's been awhile since I have updated this blog or shared any pictures on any social network. But Valentine's day (or the day after) is a great time to share the love. My husband and I didn't  plan on going out to celebrate our love of almost 15 years at a busy restaurant. Instead, we were invited to our church class mentor's home for dinner. C and G are a generation older and wiser than us. At first, the idea of being served dinner alongside our peers wanting to get an evening out and it not costing us a dime was what sparked my interest. C and G turned their home into place of romance for each couple that attended. They had tables for 2 set up in different areas around their house so that each couple could enjoy an intimate dinner together. They adorn the table with their fine china, candles were lit, fireplaces were blazing, and soft music in the background. The ambiance was just so perfect. C and G started to serve us, bringing out drinks, salads, steak. It was actually hard to sit there and have them serve us. In my culture, we serve our elders. We don't get served by them. I just wanted them to sit down and eat with us. They hadn't even eaten dinner yet! C and G told us repeatedly that they wanted to do this for us. We needed this as a couple- an intimate dinner together without interruptions. C shared with us afterwards how another older couple had done it for them when they were where we are now. Kurt and I are reminded of the scripture in John 13:1-7 about how Jesus washed his disciples feet and it was hard for them to let Him do it for them. But this was to teach us that  we need to serve one another. I know we will remember it for the rest of our lives and we hope that we can do this for others in the future. It was so wonderful to celebrate Valentine's day with our  sweet friends. I just feel so blessed that the Lord has placed such special people in our lives to show us His love. I hope everyone had a Happy Valentine's Day because Jesus loves you so much!










~H



No comments:

Post a Comment